You will reap what you sow, so are you sowing possibilities and opportunities or are you sowing problems?
You sow a thought, you reap an action.
You sow an action, you reap a habit.
You sow a habit, you reap a character.
You sow a character you reap a destiny.
The choices you make each day will determine the tomorrow you encounter. If you want to have a future of possibilities then be invested in sowing the positives that create a possibility path.
We were watching Secondhand Lions this past weekend. In the movie, the two old men are constantly bombarded with traveling salesmen because the rumor is the old men have millions of dollars to spend.
One salesman sold them several packets of seeds. The men and their nephew cleared an area, tilled the ground, and planted the seeds. Later in the movie, they go out to work in the garden. The nephew starts asking about what they are growing.
At the end of each row, the one uncle had posted the seed packet. They planted tomatoes, lettuce, potatoes, beets, and corn. The only problem was that all of the growing seeds looked exactly the same. It turns out the uncle was ripped off by the salesman. Even though all of the packets showed different images, the seeds were all the same.
They planted corn so they were growing corn.
It’s not any different in your business. What you do every day – the actions you take and the people you are around, the thoughts you meditate on – those seeds will grow up into something. If you want to grow up success then you better be planting seeds of success.
What does it mean when someone says you will reap what you sow?
When people are talking about reaping what you sow, they are saying the things you’re invested in will be the results you grow up.
Want to grow up new ideas? Plant that mindset by hanging around people who are inventive and entrepreneurial successes.
Want to grow up success? Plant that mindset by finding a mentor that has built a successful business.
Want to grow up an awesome life? Plant that mindset by investing in learning more (WPprosper and iThemesTraining are both excellent places to start).
How to Reap Success
Do you know what you want to grow? Are you doing what you need to do to grow that desire? You have to be intentional with what you see, read, hear, do, and say if you are going to get intentional results.
Sow a thought – be invested in positive and possibility-focused words.
What you think today will direct your tomorrow. What you put into your eyes and your ears will be what you begin to think. Make choices to find words that inspire and encourage you.
- Join WPprosper for weekly motivation and positive tips for building your success
- Connect with positive people – #Daretobe Twitter chat dares you to be all you can be and more than you ever imagined.
- Meditate on your possibilities – write out your BIG DREAM goals and read over them when you wait in line, when you get up, and before you go to bed.
Sow an action – do something.
The only way to get there is to take action. Nobody can do it for you and you can’t get there sitting where you are.
- Take a step
- Do a little bit
- Do a little bit more
Sow a habit – do something for 42 days in a row.
The more you do something, the more it becomes a natural part of your life. You get up in the morning and make the bed or brush your teeth without thinking about it because you’ve been doing that most of your life. If you want to create a better habit, then do something every day until you don’t have to think about doing it.
- Set a challenge between you and others to do something for the next six weeks (group challenges have the added benefit of accountability)
- Get a large calendar and mark your actions every day. You will see what you are doing and it will help you want to do it again the next day.
- Start small. If you have a lot you want to do, don’t try to do it all at once. Do one thing until it’s a habit you no longer think about. After you accomplish one, then move on to the next one.
- Be forgiving. There will be times when you slip up (who of us hasn’t forgotten to make the bed one day in the last year). Just because you slip doesn’t mean you have to give up. Get up the next morning and make the bed.
Sow a character – do what you say you will do with consistency and unique purpose.
People don’t believe you because of what you advertise or what you say. They believe what you show them in your consistent actions. When you do what you say you will do and you keep doing what you say you will do then people know what to expect from you.
Tips for Gardening Business Success: Reap What You Sow
- Get the ground ready. The groundwork for your business will help you avoid problems down the road.
- Check the climate. Just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should (or that you will have the desired success. Evaluate the time and the season.
- Review the seeds. You are uniquely designed on purpose and for a purpose. Does what you are planning align with your uniqueness or is it counterproductive?
- Follow the plan. Read the directions and plant accordingly. Too much or too little (light, soil, water) and you won’t reap the results you desire.
- Tend what you plant. It’s not a one-and-done situation – especially in the early stages. Keep an eye on what you’ve planted and make investment adjustments as you see fit.
- Watch out for the pests. There will be distractions, interruptions, and outright attacks against what you are planting. Be prepared to shield your garden and shoo those negatives away.
- Be prepared for the harvest. Don’t be caught off guard when the plantings begin to produce fruit. Have a harvest plan long before the harvest is ready.
What will you sow in your day? Remember, the things you are planting now in your life and in your business will grow up into your tomorrow. Will you be thankful when you reap what you sow? Make sure what you’re planting will be the difference you desire.
How will you flip the script on Can’t?
Challenge: Think of one thing you want to make a habit in your life – it can be in your personal well-being, your mental growth, or your household chores. Set a goal to do it every day for the next 42 days. Be sure to share your progress with the WPprosper community!
Are you ready to build your awesome life? We’re here to help.
Join us over at WPprosper for more support on facing down fear, finding your focus, and living your awesome life.
Kathryn Lang believes it is simple, and as an award-winning author and natural-born hopesmith, she shares tips on how to find your why, pursue your purpose, and live a bold, intentional life – always with a dash of twisted encouragement.